Skip to content
Total Time – 1 hour
- Protein of choice
- 1/2 – 1 Pepper ( habanero or scotch bonnet)
- 1 and red onion – diced
- 2 cups broth (chicken, goat,lamb or dried fish) divided
- 4 medium cloves garlic – peeled
- Fresh ginger (about 1.5 inch knob), divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 – 12 fresh seeded plum tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Choice of spices
- Pairs well with cooked rice, fufu, ripe plantains, boiled puna yam or any other preferred carbohydrate.
- Marinate choice of protein for about 30 minutes.
- Puree onion, pepper, seeded plum tomatoes, garlic and ginger in a food processor.
- In a cooking pot, mix 1 cup creamy peanut butter with 3 cups water.
- Set stove to medium heat and bring pot with peanut butter and water mixture to simmer (about 20 minutes).
- Pour pureed onion, pepper, seeded tomatoes, garlic and ginger into the pot with peanut butter. Leave on fire for about 35 minutes and stir periodically.
- Steam marinated chicken, lamb or goat until tender.
- Transfer steamed meat into peanut butter mixture.
- Add spices and salt to your taste.
- Leave mixture on stove top for an additional 5 minutes. Serve over fufu, boiled rice or choice of carbohydrate.